As of July 2021, Arturo Zoffmann Rodríguez is a Junior Researcher at the Institute of Contemporary History (IHC) of the NOVA University Lisbon with a CEEC-FCT contract. His project at the IHC explores the history of far-right trade unionism in southern Europe during the interwar period.
He was previously based at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), where he worked on a post-doctoral project on the connections between the Mexican and the Russian Revolutions. In 2019, he completed his PhD at the European University Institute in Florence. His thesis explored the impact of the Russian Revolution on the Spanish anarchist movement. Previously, he obtained his MPhil at the University of Oxford and his BA at University College London.
His work has been published in journals such as the International Review of Social History, the European History Quarterly, and Slavic Review. He has taught Russian and Soviet history as a visiting professor at the University of Barcelona and the Colegio de México.
- Labour history
- Modern Spain
- Trade unions
- Far right
- Zoffmann Rodriguez, Arturo & Juan Cristóbal Marinello Bonnefoy. “A Proletarian Turf War: The Rise and Fall of Barcelona’s Sindicatos Libres, 1919–1923,” International Review of Social History 66 (2021): 243-271. [link]
- Zoffmann-Rodriguez, Arturo. “Anarcho-syndicalism and the Russian Revolution: Towards a political explanation of a fleeting romance, 1917–22,” Revolutionary Russia 31 (2018): 226-246. [link]
- Zoffmann Rodriguez, Arturo. “‘Off to Moscow with No Passports and No Money’: The 1921 Spanish Syndicalist Delegation to Russia,” European History Quarterly 48 (2018): 435-461. [PDF]
- Zoffmann Rodriguez, Arturo. “Lenin in Barcelona: the Russian Revolution and the Spanish trienio bolchevista, 1917–1920,” Slavic Review 76 (2017): 629-636. [link]
- Individual project “The Sindicatos Libres of Barcelona and the proletarian road to fascism in Spain, Italy, Portugal, and France, 1900-39” — Hosted by the IHC and funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology (2020.01776.CEECIND). 2021-2027
Tipologia do Evento:
Não Existem Eventos
Jul 28, 2022
Two of the IHC’s projects were approved in competition for grants opened by the Foundation for Science and Technology.
Jul 25, 2022
Note of regret for the passing of historian Luís Augusto Costa Dias.
Jul 21, 2022
The IHC started a research project funded by APIGRAF.