I have graduated in Archaeology and History from the Voronezh State University (Russia, 1991), and in History and Archaeology from the School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon (FLUL, 1994); post-graduated in Education (FLUL, 1996); M.Phil. in Arts, Heritage and Restoration Theory (FLUL, 2000); Ph.D. in History (ULisboa, 2006); 1st Portuguese Post-Ph.D. certificated in Archaeology and Pre-history (FLUL, 2011); 1st Portuguese Post-Ph.D Fellow in History of Archaeology, at the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (NOVA, 2015).
Between 2007-2015, I was Assistant Professor at Lusófona University (Lisbon) on History and Heritage; Researcher at the UL Centre for Archaeology, where I led the Group on History of Archaeology in Portugal, concluding two research projects on this topic (2007-2014). I was a Full Researcher (2008-2013) and Post-Ph.D. researcher at the Tropical Research Institute (2013-2014), curating archaeological collections, and developing history of science. From 2014, I am Full Researcher at the Institute of Contemporary History of the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, integrating the Group ‘Science: Studies of History, Philosophy, and Scientific Culture’.
I am the President of the Section of Archaeology of the Geographical Society of Lisbon; Vice-President of the General Assembly of the Association of Portuguese Archaeologists; and a full member of Historiography Scientific Committee of the International Union for Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences.
- History of archaeology
- History of museums
- Heritage history and theory
- Studies of science and gender
- Team member of the project “Inter-Arq – Archaeology and interdisciplinarity: archaeological and historical re research on interdisciplinarity in the History of Spanish archaeology (19th and 20th centuries)” — Coordinated by Margarita Díaz-Andreu (Universitat de Barcelona) and funded by the Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad (Spain). [HAR2016-80271-P] 2017-2019 [link]
- Team member of the project “Una arqueología sin fronteras: los contactos internacionales de la Arqueología española en el siglo XX” — Coordinated by Margarita Díaz-Andreu (Universitat de Barcelona) and funded by the Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad (Spain). [HAR2012-33403] 2013-2016 [link].
- Team member of the project “O Paleolítico Médio e as origens do Homem Moderno no Sul de Moçambique” — Coordinated by Nuno Bicho (Universidade do Algarve) and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [PTDC/EPH-ARQ/4998/2012] 2012-2015
- Coordinator of the project “PROMEMICI – Protagonistas e memórias das ‘missões científicas`. Arqueologia e agenda colonial portuguesa” — Hosted by the Instituto de Investigação Científica Tropical and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [PTDC/IVC-HFC/5017/2012] 2012-2014
- Team member of the project “Conhecimento e Visão: Fotografia no Arquivo e no Museu Colonial Português (1850-1950)” — Coordinated by Filipa Lowndes Vicente (ICS-UL) and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [PTDC/HIS-HIS/112198/2009] 2011-2014
Event Type :
- Super event man
Nov 13, 2018
The meeting “Futuros da História – História Contemporânea” will take place on 15 November at the National Library of Portugal.
Oct 29, 2018
Ana Isabel Queiroz was invited to join the Nomination Committee of the European Society for Environmental History.
Sep 18, 2018
The IHC has achieved seven new researcher positions, out of 43 applications submitted, on Individual Call to Scientific Employment Stimulus.
Instituto de história contemporânea
Faculdade de ciências sociais e humanas
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Av. Berna, 26 C
Tel.: +351 21 7908300 ext.: 1545
Fax.: +351 21 7908308
2.ª a 6.ª feira
10.00h // 14.00h
2.ª a 6.ª feira
14.00h // 17.00h