I have graduated in Archaeology and History from the Voronezh State University (Russia, 1991), and in History and Archaeology from the School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon (FLUL, 1994); post-graduated in Education (FLUL, 1996); M.Phil. in Arts, Heritage and Restoration Theory (FLUL, 2000); Ph.D. in History (ULisboa, 2006); 1st Portuguese Post-Ph.D. certificated in Archaeology and Pre-history (FLUL, 2011); 1st Portuguese Post-Ph.D Fellow in History of Archaeology, at the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa (NOVA, 2015).
Between 2007-2015, I was Assistant Professor at Lusófona University (Lisbon) on History and Heritage; Researcher at the UL Centre for Archaeology, where I led the Group on History of Archaeology in Portugal, concluding two research projects on this topic (2007-2014). I was a Full Researcher (2008-2013) and Post-Ph.D. researcher at the Tropical Research Institute (2013-2014), curating archaeological collections, and developing history of science. From 2014, I am Full Researcher at the Institute of Contemporary History of the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa, integrating the Group ‘Science: Studies of History, Philosophy, and Scientific Culture’.
I am the President of the Section of Archaeology of the Geographical Society of Lisbon; Vice-President of the General Assembly of the Association of Portuguese Archaeologists; and a full member of Historiography Scientific Committee of the International Union for Prehistoric and Protohistoric Sciences.
- History of archaeology
- History of museums
- Heritage history and theory
- Studies of science and gender
- Team member of the project “Inter-Arq – Archaeology and interdisciplinarity: archaeological and historical re research on interdisciplinarity in the History of Spanish archaeology (19th and 20th centuries)” — Coordinated by Margarita Díaz-Andreu (Universitat de Barcelona) and funded by the Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad (Spain). [HAR2016-80271-P] 2017-2019 [link]
- Team member of the project “Una arqueología sin fronteras: los contactos internacionales de la Arqueología española en el siglo XX” — Coordinated by Margarita Díaz-Andreu (Universitat de Barcelona) and funded by the Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad (Spain). [HAR2012-33403] 2013-2016 [link].
- Team member of the project “O Paleolítico Médio e as origens do Homem Moderno no Sul de Moçambique” — Coordinated by Nuno Bicho (Universidade do Algarve) and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [PTDC/EPH-ARQ/4998/2012] 2012-2015
- Coordinator of the project “PROMEMICI – Protagonistas e memórias das ‘missões científicas`. Arqueologia e agenda colonial portuguesa” — Hosted by the Instituto de Investigação Científica Tropical and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [PTDC/IVC-HFC/5017/2012] 2012-2014
- Team member of the project “Conhecimento e Visão: Fotografia no Arquivo e no Museu Colonial Português (1850-1950)” — Coordinated by Filipa Lowndes Vicente (ICS-UL) and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [PTDC/HIS-HIS/112198/2009] 2011-2014
Event Type :
- Super event man
Feb 15, 2019
The City Council of Abrantes, NOVA FCSH, and the IHC signed a Collaboration Agreement at the Duarte Ferreira Metal Industry Museum.
Feb 12, 2019
Cristina Rodrigues and José Maria Brandão de Brito received an Honourable Mention in the 2018 edition of the António Dornelas Award.
Feb 8, 2019
Elisabete Pereira has been selected to join EUROCLIO’s project, Sharing European Histories, whose aim is to promote innovative historiographic approaches.