Jesús Manuel Bermejo Roldán holds a degree in History (specialising in Contemporary History) from the UNED, and two master’s degrees (Advanced Methods and Techniques in Historical, Artistic and Geographical Research and Teacher Training for Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching). In 2020, he received his PhD in Contemporary History from the UNED with the thesis “Portugal’s Foreign Policy in the Context of the League of Nations, 1919-1939” (cum laude and nominated for the Extraordinary Thesis Prize).
For more than 15 years he has been living and working in London as a teacher of Spanish as a foreign language and librarian at UCL. He currently holds a postdoctoral research fellowship at the IHC — University of Évora.
- International history
- Portugal’s foreign relations
- History of science
- Comparative contemporary history
- Bermejo Roldán, Jesús Manuel. “La diplomacia española y portuguesa en el conflicto de Manchuria: dos posiciones contrapuestas en la Sociedad de Naciones,” Aportes 34 (2019): 133-161. [PDF]
- Bermejo Roldán, Jesús Manuel. “La actuación de las pequeñas potencias ibéricas en la Conferencia del Desarme 1932-1934,” Aportes 33 (2018): 191-213. [PDF]
- Bermejo Roldán, Jesús Manuel. “Portugal e o conflito do Chaco no quadro da Sociedade das Nações (1932-1935),” Relações Internacionais 56 (2017): 129-148. [PDF]
- Postdoctoral project “O papel de Portugal na cooperação intelectual transnacional concebida pela Liga das Nações: lições para compreender o compromisso internacional com a agenda para 2030” [Portugal’s role in transnational intellectual cooperation conceived by the League of Nations: lessons to understand the international commitment to the 2030 agenda] — Hosted by the IHC and funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology (UIDB/04209/2020). 2021-
Tipologia do Evento:
Não Existem Eventos
Jan 7, 2022
The IHC will host six new PhD scholarship holders as part of the calls promoted by the FCT and DGPC.
Jan 3, 2022
Joana Craveiro was one of the recipients of a Fulbright Grant for PhD Professors and Researchers.
Dec 21, 2021
Nuno Medeiros has been selected to be a Visiting Professor at the Department of Portuguese and Brazilian Studies.