Ana Isabel Queiroz holds a PhD in Landscape Architecture (FCUP), a Master in Ethology (ISPA, Lisbon) and a degree in Biology (FCUL). She was a researcher at the NOVA School of Social Sciences and Humanities (NOVA FCSH) hired through programs funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology: Investigador Ciência (2009-2013) and Investigador FCT (2013-2019).
She is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography and Regional Planning, at NOVA FCSH, coordinator of the Thematic Line “Precarious Worlds and Sustainability: work, health and nature” and a member of the Board of the IHC (2021-2023).
In recent years, she has published several books, book chapters and scientific articles in national and international journals on environmental humanities.
- Environmental history
- Queiroz, Ana Isabel. “Ecologia da caça, condições de vida e desigualdades (Aquilino Ribeiro, 1885-1963).” Colóquio/Letras 207 (2021): 39-50.
- Gomes, Inês, Ana Isabel Queiroz & Daniel Alves. “Iberians against locusts: fighting cross-border bio-invaders (1898-1947).” Historia Agraria 78 (2019): 127-159. [PDF]
- Queiroz, Ana Isabel, Renata Sartori & Inês T. Rosário. “Iracema’s Country: Nature from the Mid-1800s to the Present in Ceará, Brazil.” ISLE: Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment 26 (2019): 324–357. [PDF]
- Queiroz, Ana Isabel & Simon Pooley (Eds.). Histories of Bioinvasions in the Mediterranean. Berlin: Springer, 2018. [link]
- Queiroz, Ana Isabel & Filipa Soares. “Birds in Portuguese Literature.” Environment and History 22 (2016): 228-254. [link]
- Coordinator of the project “Friends and Foes. Historicizing nature conservation in contemporary times” — Individual and non-funded project, hosted by the IHC. (ongoing)
- Researcher in the project “Writing Urban Places” — Coordinated by Klaske Havik (Delft University of Technology) and Susana Oliveira (Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Lisbon) and funded by the European Commission (COST Action CA18126). (2019-2021) [link]
- Coordinator of the project “Introductions, invasions and control measures of plant pests in Southern Europe. An Interdisciplinary comparative approach from the 19th century onwards” — Hosted by the IHC and funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology (IF/00222/2013/CP1166/CT001). [link]
- Coordinator (until 2018) of the project “LITESCAPE.PT – Atlas das Paisagens Literárias de Portugal Continental” — Hosted by the IELT – NOVA FCSH nd funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology. [link]
Event Type :
Jun 18, 2021
Paulo Jorge Fernandes was invited to be part of the Panel of Judges of the European Cartoon Award.
Jun 14, 2021
On 10 June, we announced the creation of the Amílcar Cabral Award.
May 31, 2021
Yvette Santos won the Fulbright / Camões for the academic year 2021-2022.