She has been a researcher at the School of Social Sciences and Humanities of the Universidade NOVA de Lisboa since 2009, funded through competitive programmes of the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia: Investigador Ciência (2009-2013) and FCT Researcher (2013-2019).
In the last few years, she published several books, book chapters, and scientific papers in national and international journals in the fields of environmental humanities and digital humanities.
- Environmental history
- Queiroz, Ana Isabel, & Daniel Alves. “Local responses to a global invasive species. Shifting reasons to control the Argentine ant on the Madeira archipelago (1850-2014).” e-Journal of Portuguese History 14 (2016): 71-92. [PDF]
- Lopes-Fernandes, Margarida, Filipa Soares, Amélia Frazão-Moreira & Ana Isabel Queiroz. “Living with the Beast: Wolves and Humans through Portuguese Literature.” Anthrozoös 29 (2016): 5-20. [link]
- Soares, Filipa, & Ana Isabel Queiroz. “Birds in Portuguese literature.” Environment and History 22 (2016): 229–254. [link].
- Queiroz, Ana Isabel, & Daniel Alves. “Walking Through the Revolution: A Spatial Reading of Literary Echoes.” Journal of Social Science Education 14 (2015): 4-16. [PDF]
- Coordinator of the project “Introductions, invasions and control measures of plant pests in Southern Europe. An Interdisciplinary comparative approach from the 19th century onwards” — Hosted by the IHC and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (IF/00222/2013/CP1166/CT001). [link]
- Coordinator of the project “LITESCAPE.PT – Atlas das Paisagens Literárias de Portugal Continental” — Hosted by the IELT – NOVA FCSH and funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia. [link]
Event Type :
- Super event man
Dec 13, 2018
The journal Práticas da História, published by the IHC and CHAM, was accepted for indexing by the ERIH PLUS platform.
Dec 6, 2018
The oral history project of Raquel Rato, about the history of Portuguese Cinema Novo, received funding from the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
Dec 3, 2018
Pedro Aires Oliveira received the Santander Prize for the Internationalisation of Scientific Production, granted by NOVA FCSH.