PhD in Archaeology from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities of University of Porto, his thesis deals with the problem of reconstruction. He coordinated several European projects crossing the areas of Art, Science and Technology, organizing several exhibitions, lectures and research works. He co-coordinated fieldwork at the Castanheiro do Vento archaeological site (Vila Nova de Foz Côa).
Since 2000, he has been a professor at the Polytechnic Institute of Tomar, where he coordinated the Department of Arts, Design, and Communication and the Degree in Video and Documentary Film at ESTA, having been an elected member of the General Council of this institution. Between 2016 and 2020, he was President of the Board of the SNESUP [National Higher Education Union]. He is currently developing his second PhD in Governance, Innovation, and Knowledge, at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Coimbra.
- Velho, Gonçalo Leite, “Da Arqueologia Urbana à Arqueologia do Urbano,” in Arqueologia do Urbano – Abordagens e Práticas, edited by Gabriela Vaz Pinheiro. Porto: Faculdade de Belas Artes da Universidade do Porto, 2009. [link]
- Lídia Baptista, Sérgio Gomes, Susana Oliveira Jorge, Vítor Oliveira Jorge, João Muralha, Lurdes Oliveira, Leonor Sousa Pereira, Ana Margarida Vale, Gonçalo Leite Velho & Alexandra Vieira, “Uma história de dois vizinhos ao longo de 17 anos: Castelo Velho e Castanheiro do Vento (1989-2006),” in Actas do III.º Congresso de Arqueologia de Trás-os-Montes, Alto Douro e Beira Interior, edited by Alexandra Cerveira Lima, André Tomás Santos, António Martinho Baptista, António Sá Coixão, and Luís Luís. Porto: Associação Cultural Desportiva e Recreativa de Freixo de Numão, 2008. [PDF]
- Figueiredo, Alexandra & Gonçalo Leite Velho (Eds.). The world is in your eyes. CAA2005. Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology. Proceedings of the 33rd Conference, Tomar, March 2005. Tomar: CAA Portugal, 2007.
- Velho, Alexandra Águeda de Figueiredo & Gonçalo Cardoso Leite Velho, “Complexity in Action: “The Emergence of Agro-pastoral Societies”,” in Computing Archaeology for Understanding the Past – CAA 2000. Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology: Proceedings of the 28th Conference, Ljubljana, April 2000, edited by Zoran Stančič and Tatjana Veljanovski. BAR Publishing: Oxford, 2001. [link]
- Researcher in the project “Trans-formations – Arte Landscape Trans-formations” — Funded by the European Commission (2007-4230/001-001 CTU). 2008-2011
- Researcher in the project “Hallerstein – biannual European-Chinese art-science project” — Coordinated from KIBLA – Association for Culture and Education (Eslovénia) and Funded by the European Commission (2207-4229/008-001 2008/2009). 2008-2009 [link]
- Researcher in the project “ARCHSIGNS – Building Space And Place In Prehistoric Western Europe” — Funded by the European Commission (2005-0802 / 001-001 CLT CA12). 2005-2006
- Researcher in the project “MOMENTPAST – Landscape Producers. Symbol’s and architecture marks of Past” — Funded by the European Commission (1444/001-CLTCA12 2003/2004). 2003-2004
Tipologia do Evento:
Não Existem Eventos
Dec 8, 2022
Victor Pereira was one of the winners of the 2022 edition of the Aristides de Sousa Mendes Award.
Dec 5, 2022
The website of the project Oral Memory of Portuguese Diplomacy has been published.
Dec 3, 2022
Note of regret of the Board of Directors of the IHC on the passing of Fernando Ampudia de Haro.