Prazo: 11 de Junho de 2021
Pré-selecção: 2 de Julho de 2021
Prazo do concurso: 15 de Setembro de 2021
Instituição de acolhimento: Instituto de História Contemporânea
Bolsas Individuais Marie Skłodowska-Curie — Manifestação de interesse
The Institute of Contemporary History (IHC), a leading research centre in modern and contemporary history located in Portugal, welcomes applications for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships, acting as host institution, from researchers interested in developing their studies of the past in the following main areas — that correspond to our strategic Thematic Lines of research:
1. Connected Histories: State-Building, Social Movements, and Political Economy
2. Colonialism, Anti-Colonialism, and Post-Colonialism
3. Precarious Worlds and Sustainability: Nature, Health, and Work
4. Modern Mediations: Arts, Technology, and Communication
5. Uses of the Past: Memory and Cultural Heritage
The IHC has facilities both at the NOVA University Lisbon, where it’s headquartered, and at the University of Évora. It develops its activity with an interdisciplinary approach, covering a wide range of topics concerning the conceptualisation, contextualisation, and interpretation of the historical reality for the period between the late eighteenth century and the present time. In 2019, we launched the first Portuguese Digital Humanities Lab, supporting both research and outreach activities. In 2021, we will join IN2PAST, the Associate Laboratory for Research and Innovation in Heritage, Arts, Sustainability and Territory.
Working at the IHC is to be part of a multicultural, creative, collaborative, and publicly engaged environment that gathers 150 PhD researchers. As a modern and contemporary history research unit working on a broad range of topics, we regularly collaborate with the media, museums, archives, city councils, and high schools. Every researcher is integrated into one of our six Research Groups.
We welcome applications in the categories European Fellowships and Global Fellowships. Applicants with a relevant track record of securing funding for their research activities are especially welcomed
To apply, please send us the following documents and information:
- Title and short summary of the work plan, explaining the objectives of the proposal and how they will be achieved (written in English, max. 2000 characters, spaces included);
- A detailed Curriculum vitae;
- A motivation letter explaining your trajectory in the last five years and explaining the relevance of your achievements (max. 5000 characters, spaces included);
- One copy of a relevant publication.
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships are available for experienced researchers, of any nationality, who must have, at the date of the call’s deadline, a doctoral degree or at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. The grant provides an allowance to cover living, travel and family costs. In addition, the EU contributes to the training, networking and research costs of the fellow, as well as to the management and indirect costs of the project. The grant is awarded to the host organisation.
Eligible candidates must comply with MSCA mobility rules:
- Standard European Fellowships: the researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline;
- Global Fellowships (includes a research period in a Third Country, followed by a reintegration period at the Host Institution): the researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Third Country where the outgoing phase takes place for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline.
Please submit your application material to Vasco Marques via the email email@example.com.
For further information, please contact:
Institute of Contemporary History
NOVA School of Social Sciences and Humanities
Tipologia do Evento:
Sessão de cinema
Não Existem Eventos
Jun 18, 2021
Paulo Jorge Fernandes foi convidado para fazer parte do júri da edição 2021 do European Cartoon Award.
Jun 14, 2021
No dia 10 de Junho, foi anunciada a criação do Prémio Amílcar Cabral.
Mai 31, 2021
Yvette Santos foi a vencedora da Bolsa Fulbright / Camões para o ano académico 2021-2022.